How has the College’s collaboration with other agencies impacted the visibility, identity and diversity of activities on the campus? To what extent has the College benefitted academically and financially because of collaborations?
Someimpacts evident at the College as a result of its collaborations with other agencies are as follows:
- Establishment for centre for Jute Cement Composite research in collaboration with IIT, Kharagpur.
- Student of both the institute share laboratory facilities with Chemical Engineering and Chemical TechnologyDeptt. Of Calcutta University and Metallurgy Dept. of Jadavpur University.
- Involvement of all PG students of Ceramic Technology (2010-12)with financial support in research funded by private entrepreneurs, Progressive Enterprise Pvt. Ltd.
- Involvement of few passed out UG students in projects funded by private agencies like Aditya Birla Insulators Ltd., Sepulchre Brothers (India) Pvt. Ltd. Etc.
- Regular visit of industry personal of collaborative industry for interaction with the student and the faculty members.
List of patents
- S. Maitra, et. al. :Scouring powder Composition and a process there of,(between GCECT and CFRI, Dhanbad) European Patent, 10/107,613, March, 27, 2002.
- SampaChakraborty, S. Maitra and R.C. Das, Ceramic glazing pigments from chrome iron sludge, (No. PAA 1918) submitted to NRDC.